Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

UTI'S/BLADDER INFECTIONS

I'M A 46 YR. OLD MALE WITH A VERY SMALL PENIS. I WAS CIRCUMSIZED AT AGE 26 AS MY FORESKIN WOULDN'T RETRACT OFF THE PENIS VERY WELL AND CAUSING SMELLY SMEGMA UNDER IT. MY PROBLEM IS THIS. SINCE THEN I'VE BEEN VERY SUSCEPTIBLE TO BLADDER INFECTIONS/UTI'S. OVER THE PAST 3 WEEKS I'VE HAD AN URINALLYSIS AND FOUND THAT I'VE HAD AN INFECTION. DURING THAT TREATMENT I'D HAD A SECOND URINALLYSIS AND FOUND THAT I GOT A DIFFERENT TYPE OF 2ND INFECTION. I WAS PLACED ON 2 DIFFERENT ANTI-BIOTICS. I WAS PLACED ON BACTRUM AND CIPRO TO FIGHT THESE INFECTIONS. THIS PAST WEEK ANOTHER URINALLYSIS SHOWED ANOTHER INFECTION. I WAS PUT ON NITROFURANTION ANTI-BIOTICS TO FIGHT THIS INFECTION BECAUSE THIS INFECTION WAS RESISTANT TO ALL OTHER ANTI-BIOTICS EXCEPT THIS ONE. I MASTURBATE ALOT AND MY UROLOGIST WANTED TO KNOW IF I WAS STICKING ANYTHING INTO MY URETHRA. I TOLD HIM I WASN'T SO WE CAN'T SEEM TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IS CAUSING THESE INFECTIONS. A FEW MONTHS AGO A URINALLYSIS SHOWED AN INFECTION WHEN A CYSTOSCOPY SHOWED AN INFECTION IN THE URETHRA WHERE IT LOOKED LIKE SOMETHING WAS SHOVED UP THE URETHRA. I'D SAY THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON SINCE MY CIRCUMCISION. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OF WHAT COULD BE GOING ON OR THEY'VE HAD THE SAME PROBLEMS? I'D APPRECIATE ANY HELP/ADVICE I'M GIVEN SINCE MY UROLOGIST SEEMS NOT TO HAVE ANY ANSWERS. I'D BEEN TOLD IN THE PAST THAT I'VE GOT A NARROW URETHRA AND HAVE SPLIT STREAM URINATION MOST TIMES. MY UROLOGIST PERFORMED A CYSTOSCOPY A COUPLE OF MONTHS AGO AND SAID MY URETHRA LOOKED NORMAL. I'VE GOT TINGLING DURING URINATION AS WELL. CAN MY URETHRA BE TIGHTNING DURING THIS? MY PENIS/TESTICLES APPEAR TO BE WITHDRAWING BACK INSIDE WHEN I SIT OR LIE DOWN. CAN ALL THESE CYSTOSCOPIES BE CAUSING THE INFECTIONS? I THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP GIVEN AND CAN I GET ANY ADVICE FROM A UROLOGY NURSE/DOCTOR IF POSSIBLE. THIS HAS BEEN ONGOING TO ME. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE ON IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER TESTS THAT CAN BE PERFORMED TO FIND OUT WHAT MY PROBLEM MAY BE AND IF THERE ARE ANY SUGGESTIONS TO SOLVE THIS. I DO HAVE PROSTATE PAIN. CAN THIS BE A PROBLEM AS WELL? I DO HAVE BLADDER PROBLEMS AS WELL.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.