Urology Community

UTI's and antibacterial cream

I am a 32 year old male and seem to be very prone to UTI's. I am not sure if I am allergic to the condom or what. I have once in the past tested positive for chlamydia, and got treated. In other instances I tested negative. I take a lot of natural products to try and prevent this. My question is, aould applying antibacterial cream inside the condom further help to prevent UTI's?
Recurrent urine infections could be due to various reasons. Most common cause is stones in kidney which is blocking urine pathway. Other causes are changing sexual partners frequently, diabetes and of course infections. The urine can also be due to retention of urine anywhere in its flow due to obstruction. The obstruction can be due to abnormality of structures since birth, stones etc.

So you should get a ultrasound, CT scan done and also some urine and blood tests. I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thanks Dr Singh. Just one last question, you mention changing partners frequently separate from infections. How does changing sex partners contribute other than of course an infection?

Many thanks again.

Having multiple partners causes recurrent UTI’s. This happens because one doesn't know who his/ her partners have been with. They could carry around bacteria without knowing it and in return give it to them.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thanks for the response.