Urology Community

Uncontrollable erections

My husband has an enlarged prostate and has been on Flowmax for about 4 years. It has helped his trips to the bathroom at night but for the last year or so he has complained of uncontrollable erections in the very early hours of the morning that wake him and won't easily go away.  We have a healthy sex life and he says that is not the problem.  He has asked me for research help.  We wonder if the Flowmax could be the problem.  Any suggestions?
     How are you? Uncontrollable erections in sleep are called as nocturnal emissions, and they are quiet common in men of all ages. Some patient’s wake up and have a control on it, while some others have an erection while they are asleep. It is not considered abnormal and is not a side effect of use of flomax.

Dizziness, unusual weakness, drowsiness, trouble sleeping, or runny nose, fainting, vision changes, sexual problems (difficulty ejaculating, decreased interest in sex), fast heartbeat etc are the usual side effects of flomax. But they can rarely develop after such a prolonged use.
Consult a urologist for further help.
Best.
Thanks, I thought the same thing.  We will definately look into a urologist.  He has a deformed kidney and bladder sensitivity(pants, belts etc.).  Thank you very much!