Urology Community

(Urgent) Constant need to urinate.

Hey, I am an 18 year old male and since about the start of December I have had an issue in which I constantly feel a strong urge to urinate even immediately after urinating. I first noticed it in the gym and it progressed to be an issue from the start of the day to the very end of the day. There are no other symptoms such as pain or blood or anything, just the constant feeling that I am about to urinate. I looked around on the internet to get an idea of what the issue was and the only results I got were only applicable to women, older men or people who may have caught STI's (none of which are criteria I fulfill). I am going to see a doctor, but I would like to have an idea of what may be wrong.

Thanks!
Frequent urination in adults can be due to many causes.The primary cause which needs to be excluded is diabetes.Diabetes not only causes frequent urination but also numbness and tingling sensations.I would advise you to get a fasting blood sugar and Hb A1 C test done.

If diabetes is ruled out then other possibilities which need to be ruled out are prostatitis(inflammation of the prostate gland),interstitial cystitis,overactive bladder syndrome,stroke and other neurological diseases,urinary incontinence,bladder cancer(rare) and bladder dysfunction .

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.