Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

Urinary retention after passing a kidney stone?

Hello,

I passed my first kidney stone yesterday (or at least I think I did). The CT scan showed a 4mm stone right above the bladder, and about 30 min later, I peed and saw a small red little rock roll down the bottom of the toilet. The pain stopped not long after that. My question is, is it normal that I still can't empty my bladder fully when I pee? A little bit comes out and my bladder still feels full and I still have the urge to pee, but nothing comes out for another 20 min. It didn't hurt in my urethra when the stone passed (so there shouldn't be any scarring right?), and there was no sign of a UTI or kidney infection when they took a urine sample yesterday, so what could this be?

The only notheworthy thing is that my flank is still quite sore, but nothing like the pain I had when the stone was moving.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.