Urology Community

Urinary retention after passing a kidney stone?

I passed my first kidney stone yesterday (or at least I think I did). The CT scan showed a 4mm stone right above the bladder, and about 30 min later, I peed and saw a small red little rock roll down the bottom of the toilet. The pain stopped not long after that. My question is, is it normal that I still can't empty my bladder fully when I pee? A little bit comes out and my bladder still feels full and I still have the urge to pee, but nothing comes out for another 20 min. It didn't hurt in my urethra when the stone passed (so there shouldn't be any scarring right?), and there was no sign of a UTI or kidney infection when they took a urine sample yesterday, so what could this be?

The only notheworthy thing is that my flank is still quite sore, but nothing like the pain I had when the stone was moving.