Urology Community

Urine dripping from frenulum?

This might sound weird and it may not even be a problem, but I have noticed recently that after I urinate that there is dripping of urine coming from my frenulum area.  Note: my stream is singular and the color of urine is normal.  I have no pain when I am peeing at all.  Is it normal to have drips or drops of urine to be coming from the frenulum area?
Most of the men have this symptom of urine dripping after urinating. The male urethra, which is about 15-20 cm long, is not a straight tube. If a little urine collects in the upper curve, it might not come out while you are urinating and then drip out afterwards. Milking the urethra can help in emptying the bladder.

Also exercises strengthening the muscles around the place where the urine pools (pelvic floor muscles) helps the urethra to empty more efficiently and avoids after-dribble. If the symptoms persist then prostatic causes and obstruction to the flow of urine like in warts in the urethra need to be ruled out.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.