Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

Used a Tweezer!

Until 30 minutes ago, I did not realize what a kidney stone was, or what it looked like.  

My husband has had a very sore penis tip the last few days, and assumed it was a UTI.  He couldn't get in to see the doctor today, so he looked into the tip and saw something there.  He asked me to help him, and I just extracted a fairly large stone (about 4 X the size) of his opening when relaxed.  Because I thought this was bizarre, I went online and did some research, and realized I had extracted a kidney stone!  He had never been in any pain the last week or so, except for a very minor pain in his groin.  After reading all your posts and other info, I realize how lucky he was!!  

I also am glad he didn't have any sugery due to ignorance on our part, a clean tweezer, and chutzpah on my husband's part letting me cause him some pain ;-)
1 Responses
11369760 tn?1449504372
You did good to help your husband out, and as you say, he was brave to ask for your help.  Kidney stones, as you know, are usually very painful.  He was lucky, alright.  He should see his doctor, as there may be more than one.  
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.