Avatar universal

Vein on glans of penis

I posted on here back in October. Dr. Bhupinder Kaur, MD responded to it and I hope she can respond to this or someone.

Past Post:
Title SIngle Bump/Bubble on glans

I've noticed this a month ago...a bump/bubble on the glans/head of my penis. From reading around online, I came across many different problems people have with a bump or bumps on their penis. I didn't come across something directly like what I have, so I decided to make a post and hope to receive some kind of feedback about this. The reason I say this is a bump, because it looks like a bump but when touching it; it feels not like a bump and is not hard. The color of it is usually bluish/purple making me think of a vein. Also, there is no type of pain from not touching it or touching it.

New Post:
It's now 3 months, and seems like everything is the same. However, size goes down sometimes during the day. I have contacted another Dr. Online on another website, and he said this was normal as random as these things appear they will disappear at random.

Like a good student, I keep continuous research of what I can do to get this to go away and or how long this will take to go away. I came across information about venous malformations of the glans penis.  Do you think this might be what I have?

I have attached recent pics... This picture is using flash


4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
563773 tn?1374246539
It can be a superficial vein on penis. However t is important to rule out Mondor’s disease. Mondor’s disease is superficial thrombophlebitis of the penis. This is an inflammatory reaction to a clot within the vein. This subsequently causes blockages and dilation of the vein. It is typically painless, but can be painful. In studies, patients were noted to have thrombophlebitis after a prolonged sexual act with or without intercourse. It was described as cord-like thickening of the superficial penile veins.

Diagnosis can be confirmed by ultrasound.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
If so, is there any treatment for that?
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
I kind of have the sme thing
Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
Ya the same thing thing help us pla
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community

Top Urology Answerers
Avatar universal
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.