Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

Was I misdiagnosed with PID and really have kidney stones?

Was I misdiagnosed? Did I pass a kidney stone? I have been having symptoms that originally were thought by my Dr. to be UTI. All 3 urine tests showing all the signs of infection (white blood cells) yet the culture showed no bacterial growth. Doctor continued on trying to figure it out and told me in the meantime to make appointment with my gyno, since I have had a history of issue in that area(Previous abnormal pap, LEEP procedure, Secondary amenorrhea). After a couple days of worsening symptoms I began to get severe pelvic pain so I went to the ER. They discharged me with lower UTI (which I told them it was already proven wasn't) and Pelvic inflammatory Disease. Sent me home with an Rx for 14 days of Doxycycline. I know what causes PID and I do not have the risk factors. I have not had sex in a year and before that only with 1 person for the last 12 years. After a couple days of severe on and off pelvic pain and alot of blood clots in my urine, I had a very bad bout of pain then a huge clot after which the clots were gone and my urine was dark pink instead of yellow with red clots. Now it is normal looking again. The pain and burning with urination was less and less and now is almost completely gone. I think it was a kidney stone the entire time. I fell 80% better than I did and I am only on day 4 of 14 of the antibiotics.
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.