What is this fleshy cord-like structure above my shaft and under my skin?

I have this painless cord-like "thing" in my penis.  It's about an inch long and about the width of a vessel, but it certainly doesn't seem like a vessel.  I run parallel to my shaft and I can pinch it and rub it between my fingers. When my penis is erect, the imprint is obvious. I remember feeling this years ago and then it seemed to just go away, but now it's back and more pronounced.  I want to just cut the damn thing out.  
Don't cut the damn thing out!  It will be alright, man.  Here's an older thread in which a doctor here weighed in.  https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Urology/Cord-like-object-under-skin-of-penis/show/225209 He wonders if that poster who is very similar to you has peyronie's disease.  Have you ever heard of that?  This is when scar tissue builds up under the skin and some men eventually get a bend in their penis.  It can happen due to a big trauma or just a bunch over time. Here is some information about it https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peyronies-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20353468  I think it's time to go to the doctor and get checked.  
Thanks buddy.

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community