Urology Community

What is your experience with Testosterone Therapy for Andropause?

My father is 51 years old and the testosterone levels were 218 ng/dl. Also the symptoms confirmed andropause. Started Testo-Enant 250 mg (injectable) and started feeling some mood enhancements after 2 days. This lasted almost 4 days and now seems the symptoms are coming back (currently 1 week after the 1st injection). At the same time 1 week before getting the fist shot, he was using Lorazepam 1mg before going to sleep. Now he lowered the dose to 0,5 mg Lorazepam a day. At the instruction manual it said that Testo-Enant is generally administered once in 3 weeks. He may go to see the doctor again after 2 days. Now how do you see this and is it working as it should? Any recommendations you may have (so he can discuss with the doctor)? How often do you think it should be administered and how long should it take to notice it effects. Some say you need at least 4-6 weeks to fully see the positive effects. What is your personal experience and your current treatment? Do you use injections (self-injections?) patches etc and what dose are you using? Thanks in advance.
My doctor did not want me using injections and prescribed Fostesterone, a gel that I use daily.  I have to put one pump (10 mg) on each thigh daily.  After I started using this gel, my hair came back on my head and I had to start shaving again daily.  I read on the internet (MedHelp?) that injections can damage the liver.

Good luck to your father in remedying this problem.

Millard