This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

What to do about the large vein in my penis?

About 20 years ago a dancer that I was in love with put a metal **** ring on me.  My penis swelled up and we could not get the ring off, she yanked it off and hurt the large vein maybe busted it.  It seemed to heal up OK then but now I'm older or it may be the chick I'm with now, she used to be a ball player and is athletic.  What I'm saying is my large blood vein in my penis is sore and hurts to shake it even when I pee.  Its been only 5 days since I saw her or since we had sex, but I hurt. Do not want to have a knife near me down there. When a person is in mid forties is it tough on their organs to have intercourse for over an hour or until she gets done?  What can I do to help my big vein?
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
233190 tn?1278553401
Further imaging of the vein can be considered.  One possibility would be penile vein thrombosis - which can lead to the symptoms you describe, and can occur after any trauma to the penis.  If this is the case, normally conservative therapy can be done.  However, if the symptoms continue, a urological procedure can help.

Urine tests to look for STDs and urethritis can also be considered.

I would consider an ultrasound at this point.  This option can be discussed with your personal physician, or in conjunction with a urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Discussion is closed