Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

Young and no sex drive

Im and 18 year old male and in the past 4 months I've had a huge loss of libido. I've stopped masturbating, I only do once every 2 weeks about and its very hard to get aroused and ejaculate. The head of my penis and testicles are usually very cold feeling. I also have had a large loss in appetite.  I went to the doctor a few times to address the problem and the tests came back fine and he referred me to some counseling thinking it was a mental issue. So I've been going to counseling hoping that maybe it will get better, I don't think its an anxiety problem because I never really have any sex drive anymore.  I just have no idea whats going on and feel like I've exhausted all of my options. Thanks for your opinons
1 Responses
Hello,

There are various causes for loss of libido. Diabetes, Anemia, obesity, alcohol or drug abuse, hyperprolactinemia, low testosterone level, depression, use of antidepressants, tranquilizers, kidney or liver disease. Please check with your doctor if you have been evaluated for all the above. Persons who are gay and do not realise it also may experience loss of libido towards traditionally stimulating experiences.

Regards
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.