Urology Community

Young and no sex drive

Im and 18 year old male and in the past 4 months I've had a huge loss of libido. I've stopped masturbating, I only do once every 2 weeks about and its very hard to get aroused and ejaculate. The head of my penis and testicles are usually very cold feeling. I also have had a large loss in appetite.  I went to the doctor a few times to address the problem and the tests came back fine and he referred me to some counseling thinking it was a mental issue. So I've been going to counseling hoping that maybe it will get better, I don't think its an anxiety problem because I never really have any sex drive anymore.  I just have no idea whats going on and feel like I've exhausted all of my options. Thanks for your opinons

There are various causes for loss of libido. Diabetes, Anemia, obesity, alcohol or drug abuse, hyperprolactinemia, low testosterone level, depression, use of antidepressants, tranquilizers, kidney or liver disease. Please check with your doctor if you have been evaluated for all the above. Persons who are gay and do not realise it also may experience loss of libido towards traditionally stimulating experiences.

Regards