Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

bladder lump

Hello,

I had blood in my urine while pregnant.  It was only microscopic blood but I saw a urologist wgo took an ultrasound and a cell cytology which were negative. 4 1/2 months later I got a cystoscopy where a small lump was found on the back of my bladder.  I had another cystoscopy with sedation 2 weeks later.  The doctor removed the lump completely for biopsy and burnt the remaining area.  My doctor feels very comfortable that it is nothing and its very small.  What else would it be? Why is it only in one spot?  He keeps saying it probaly isnt cancer but of course GOOGLE drives you mad even when googling benign tumor? any takers?
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern for the bladder lump. The few causes of such a lump in bladder are schistosomiasis, interstitial cystitis, chronic cystitis, tuberculosis and of course bladder cancer. Interstitial cystitis is very common in young women and may present with Pain in your pelvis (suprapubic) or between the vagina and anus or persistent, urgent need to urinate.

You have got the biopsy done but have you got the results? The gold standard for diagnosing bladder cancer is biopsy obtained during cystoscopy. If the biopsy report has come as normal then there is nothing to worry.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.