Urology Forum

bladder lump

I had blood in my urine while pregnant.  It was only microscopic blood but I saw a urologist wgo took an ultrasound and a cell cytology which were negative. 4 1/2 months later I got a cystoscopy where a small lump was found on the back of my bladder.  I had another cystoscopy with sedation 2 weeks later.  The doctor removed the lump completely for biopsy and burnt the remaining area.  My doctor feels very comfortable that it is nothing and its very small.  What else would it be? Why is it only in one spot?  He keeps saying it probaly isnt cancer but of course GOOGLE drives you mad even when googling benign tumor? any takers?
Thanks for posting your query.

I can understand your concern for the bladder lump. The few causes of such a lump in bladder are schistosomiasis, interstitial cystitis, chronic cystitis, tuberculosis and of course bladder cancer. Interstitial cystitis is very common in young women and may present with Pain in your pelvis (suprapubic) or between the vagina and anus or persistent, urgent need to urinate.

You have got the biopsy done but have you got the results? The gold standard for diagnosing bladder cancer is biopsy obtained during cystoscopy. If the biopsy report has come as normal then there is nothing to worry.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.

Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.