Urology Community
19.4k Members
Avatar universal

blood in kidney

hi, a doctor had gave me a urinalysis and he saw that i had a little over the normal range of blood in the kidney. he said that for example if the normal range was 1.8 mines was at a 1.9, he just recommended me to drink lots of water, he told me what this condition is called but i really can not remember, but it started with "bobby"  "bobbi" something like that but the begining sounded like the name bobby. hopefully you can let me know what this codition is called and if i should go seek more medical help or a uroligist. thank you doctor....p.s. and i do be having a stinging in the urethra every now and then,like only on the head of the penis and not any further in my urethra, somethimes feel it when im getting the urge to pee but not during urination. i also have another post about it if you would like to check it out.
2 Responses
1310633 tn?1430227691
First off, let me say that I'm not a doctor.

Secondly, blood in the urine is called Hematuria. If that's not what your doctor referred to it as, then he might be using a medical term I'm not familiar with.

If your doctor did a urinalysis, I would assume infection would have been present if you had a UTI (urinary tract infection). The reason I mention this, is because you said it burns when you urinate from time to time.

If I were you, I'd go and see a Urologist and tell him exactly what you've said here.

God luck.
Avatar universal
The doctor must have mentioned hematuria which causes blood in urine. Hello,
Several conditions can cause hematuria (blood in urine) and most of them are not serious; but because hematuria may be the result of a tumor or other serious problem, a doctor should be consulted.

Causes can be divided according to the affected organ and they are Kidney conditions (infection, pyelonephritis, kidney stones, polycystic kidney disease), Bladder conditions (cystitis, bladder polyp, bladder tumor), Urethral conditions (Sexually transmitted diseases, urethral injury, vaginal inflammation), and certain bleeding disorders.
Diagnostic tests that may be performed include Urinalysis, Urine culture, X-rays of the kidneys, Cystoscopy, IVP, Abdominal ultrasound and CT scan of the abdomen.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.