Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

blood in urine

I have blood in my urine. dr sent it out for culture, shows bacteria. I haven't gotten my results back yet. But I have no discomfort whatsoever when I urinate. I do get lower back pain. What could it be?
1 Responses
4851940 tn?1515694593
If the doctor has not prescribed you with an antibiotic, he is clearly wanting to get the results from the laboratory to identify the bacteria so that he will be able to prescribe the correct antibiotic to treat the infection.

You don't always get symptoms of discomfort with urination.  
The painful lower back is probably because of the infection.

Sometimes we can just get bacteria that causes the infection, sometimes it may be kidney stones.

Make sure that you wipe your bottom from front to back to avoid getting any bacteria enter your urethra.  And drink plenty of fluids, especially water.  2 litres of water a day is usually recommended, more if you sweat a lot.  Your doctor or urologist may advise you drink more, so follower their advice.

When you have any urinary infection - it is very important to drink the fluids as mentioned above.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.