Urology Community

cannot stop peeing

For the past year, I have been peeing frequently.  I have an urgency to go, but don't pee very much.  I have been told I have an overactive bladder.  I havent taken meds yet as it causes heartburn/reflux.  I have GERD.  Last week I went to the doctors and they discovered I had H Pylori, so he put me on a three course therapy for 1 week.  I am taking Metronidazole and Clarithromycin.  I am on the 4th day.  My urgency and frequency peeing has got progressively worse.  I am going 3-4 times and hour.  Whenever I drink anything, within minutes I feel the urgency again.  My kidneys ache and it feels like my organs are on fire.  Yesterday, my prostate / that area was very uncomfortable / felt swollen.  When I woke this morning and peed it was darkish brown. What I am unsure is, is the symptoms due to the antibiotics - do they act as a diuretic?  Or is it a coincidence and it could be something else.  I want to finish my antibiotics, but I am scared my symptoms will get worse.  Because I cant hold any water my whole body feels aching and dehydrated.  I also havent been hungry since midday, but forced myself to eat some food to hopefully make myself feel better.  Any ideas?  Thanks
Your symptom is called polyuria (excessive frequency of voiding). It can be due to many reasons which can be physiological or disease-related, and include excessive intake of liquids, diuretic substances (including tea, caffeine, alcohol, certain drugs), anxiety, exposure to cold, diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus (central or nephrogenic), urinary tract infections or obstruction, etc to name a few more common ones. I suggest you to take opinion of your doctor who would do a clinical examination and advice for needful tests (such as routine urinanalysis, blood glucose test, blood & urinary osmolalities, ultrasonography of renal system, etc).

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.