Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

cannot stop peeing

For the past year, I have been peeing frequently.  I have an urgency to go, but don't pee very much.  I have been told I have an overactive bladder.  I havent taken meds yet as it causes heartburn/reflux.  I have GERD.  Last week I went to the doctors and they discovered I had H Pylori, so he put me on a three course therapy for 1 week.  I am taking Metronidazole and Clarithromycin.  I am on the 4th day.  My urgency and frequency peeing has got progressively worse.  I am going 3-4 times and hour.  Whenever I drink anything, within minutes I feel the urgency again.  My kidneys ache and it feels like my organs are on fire.  Yesterday, my prostate / that area was very uncomfortable / felt swollen.  When I woke this morning and peed it was darkish brown. What I am unsure is, is the symptoms due to the antibiotics - do they act as a diuretic?  Or is it a coincidence and it could be something else.  I want to finish my antibiotics, but I am scared my symptoms will get worse.  Because I cant hold any water my whole body feels aching and dehydrated.  I also havent been hungry since midday, but forced myself to eat some food to hopefully make myself feel better.  Any ideas?  Thanks
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Your symptom is called polyuria (excessive frequency of voiding). It can be due to many reasons which can be physiological or disease-related, and include excessive intake of liquids, diuretic substances (including tea, caffeine, alcohol, certain drugs), anxiety, exposure to cold, diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus (central or nephrogenic), urinary tract infections or obstruction, etc to name a few more common ones. I suggest you to take opinion of your doctor who would do a clinical examination and advice for needful tests (such as routine urinanalysis, blood glucose test, blood & urinary osmolalities, ultrasonography of renal system, etc).

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.