cold penis and std worry

I am looking for some advice with a problem i am having at present, heres the story approx 3months ago i had a sexual encounter with a female without using protection, i was very drunk and cant remember much but it definately happened, i have been full of guilt ever since, after returning home i was making myself physically sick with the thought of what i had done, i had an std test carried out a few days later but it came back negative for clamidyia and gonnorehae sorry abot the spelling, but the problems i had still persisted, always had the feeling like i needed to urinate, felt like i was leaking in my pants and a generally cold feeling in the end of my penis. my doctor diagnosed me with prostatitis but after weeks of anti biotics it didnt really help. my doctor reckoned it was instead anxiety issues and i went on a course of anti-depressants and diazepam which seems to have stopped the needing to urinate feeling, but three months in i'm still experiencing a cold feeling and a leaking sort of feeling in my penis head, i also noticed that during masterbation a very large amount of precum seems to be produced, more than before anyway. i can still gain an erection and wake up most mornings with "morning glory" so there doesnt seem to be any issues there. i have had sex with my partner a few times since using protection and without but feel scared incase i am passing anything on so dont enjoy it at all. even though the doc says there is nothing showing up on any tests, my bloods have been checked for almost everything but this awful feeling persists, i am convinced that there is something up but it is always being put down to anxiety which i struggle to accept, i cant do anything for thinking about it and dont know how much more i can cope with, any advice would be greatly appreciated
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
From your symptoms if the tests are coming out clear for STD’s then just relax as it is unlikely that you may be having it. However I’ll suggest consulting a urologist for the same and getting the uroflowmetry test done which actually tests the emptying of the urinary bladder. There are drugs to take care of the urge incontinence like oxybutinin but this needs to be taken only after consulting a urologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Helpful - 0
Thanks for your comment I am due to see a specialist soon, can anyone comment on the large amount of Precum and the cold feeling, I also feel exhausted all the time and all I want to do is come home from work and sleep, I feel as if my health/fitness is also deteriorating the more this goes on but assume this is due to stressing all the time. I'm really worried about this and can't see any light at the end of the tunnel. I get told all the time to stop thinking about it but unfortunately I can't seem to take my mind off it at all. Any advice would be appreciated
Helpful - 0
Hey I really hope this message finds you.. I have the SAME symptoms plus a few more! I am so glad I found someone else with the cold feeling in the penis and I actually have that in the testicles as well. No one has ever heard of that before and looks at me like I'm crazy when I tell them. It's been 15 months since I've had these symptoms and it was all from receiving a ********. I also have way more precum than I used to while masturbating, testicle pain, redness and irritation at the tip and discharge with a bowel movement. I know it's been 3 years but did you ever find out what you had and how to get rid of it?
Helpful - 0
I have the exact same symptoms did you ever figure out what it is I have had them 6 months they are driving me crazy.
Helpful - 0
did you ever find out what was causing the cold sensation? My husband has had it for 3 months and it is driving him crazy. He has been tested for everything, blood and urine. He is getting ready to see a urologist soon and wondering if you have had any help with this.
Helpful - 0
I have the same feeling it feels like I am dribbling in my pants all day but when I check there is nothing there and my penis is cold ,well the head of it is ,did anyone get any answers it's driving me crazy ,had all sorts of urine and std test and all negative
Helpful - 0
I have the same thing it feels cold and wet and I check and nothing. I have been put on antibiotics and nothing. It comes and goes now for 2 years and is really annoying and no answers.  I hope some one can help.
Helpful - 0
Do you still have this problem? If not how did u resolve it?
Hi, I'm having this problem and it's 2020!!...any answers?
I have also been feeling those exact same symptoms, i feel like the head of my penis is cold (almost like a mint sensation but in the penis) i have had the same issue for about 4 months now, on and off.. Also it feels very humid down there and also just uncomfortable.. Ive had multiple std checks but nothing, one time i tested positive for uti but it went away and a month later i went back for the same problem but it came back negative, ive been told it might be prostatitis keep in mind im only 19 years old, my urologist told me it is not as rare to see it in young males like i thought. My anxiety doesnt help the problem either, but glad to know im not the only one with this problem.
Helpful - 0
Did you resolve this problem? I am currently going through the exact same and it is driving me crazy too! - currently waiting for a urologist referral to come.
Im having the same issue for the past 2 years. Doctors told me to live with it and just use anti-inflammatory pills for the weeks when it gets worse but I see a long term worsening over the years. Any better tips you've got from your doctor?
I've been coping with the same invisible disease for 2 years since a chlamydia infection that got cured (at least it's not detectable). It's getting slowly more and more widespread, first it was only cold feeling in the tip of the penis sometimes, now it's already hours every day and it's cold to the touch, testicles, penis, inner thighs and lower stomach sometimes. Redness of the urinary tract opening sometimes. Negative to everything tested (chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, hiv, hepatitis, syphilis). It gets worse when sleep deprived or sick. It's an everyday struggle and causes low energy levels, feeling exhausted, had to quit my job because I felt incapable of working, yet no diagnosis. Doctors keep saying it's fine, just a chronically recurring prostatitis since my infection that won't go away for good but I should just take herbal pills to reduce the inflammation every time it gets worse. But feeling the tendency of worsening it can't be just 'fine'. Now it's almost non-stop despite taking those pills. I feel like there's something here, either an unknown pathogen or a known pathogen that can cause symptoms even when current tests can't detect it anymore, and medicine is not aware that there are many people in distress with it.
Helpful - 0
GOT the exact same problem, had IT for 2 years. Just wondering if any of you guys experienced some anxiety or big worry about something before This happened too yall? Cuz mental state of mind Isent something too be recond with. I have scouted threw the Internett everywhere for answers after all my visits too doctors and "experts". And I'm leaning more and more on towards This beeing a bad circle of negative thoughts and worrying. I have red that allot of people who develope theese symphtoms are people with high stress or some type of anciety episode happend too them. And when ur in This state it's not like your days are getting easier, that's when u go worry 24/7. You tense muscles you maby shouldent tense, your breathing the wrong way most of the time. I have had This for over 2 years and I had one vacation for 2 weeks a year ago. When I acctually felt it was starting too Get better. Could be random, but I'l report back after my next trip. To report if I'm on to something. Btw my life to day is beyond stressfull and Ofc Im trying to change that. But It's not something I can do "snap" just like that. Best thought's too you all.. I know how frustrated you all feel. And sorry for probably allot of misspelling.
Helpful - 0
SAME EXACT SITUATION. Wow. All the same symptoms after an STD scare (came back negative) and the anxiety I went through that week was out of control!!!! All of our stories have high stress and anxiety.... has to be related!!

You’re not alone... and not crazy. If anyone finds something that works please let us know...
Hi, I’m having the same issue. I had intercourse with a woman, and the condom broke. Now I am freaking out. Its been 6 days, do not notice any warts or bumps, but having that cold feeling in tip of penis and urge to pee. No pain really. It usually happens when I’m stressing out about the condom break. When I move around its okay, but when i sit for a long time or lay down to sleep, it comes back. This is killing me. I’ve never had anxiety like this before. Sounds like I don’t have an STd, but I will check. Any tips on how to stop this??
Hey! Did you manage to find a cure?
Almost same symptoms for 2 years which have it on & off.
"Cold feeling in the tip of the penis sometimes, testicles, inner thighs and a little stinging & tingling."
I had many negative STD tests. And visited 3 urologists so far with the same answer of "Mental issue".
I don't really have that much stress as you guys mentioned. I also had the same symptoms in the last three vacations which I had.
Really tired of this situation that comes on & off.
Although I don't have it, during sleep or when I go to gym.
But strange is, in the last two summers it was disappeared and after summer same as always.
Helpful - 0
Ive had the same exact problem for 3 months, except the precum seems to be a little more severe. Went on a antibiotic treatment and everything. One thing i am thinking is possibly Herpes inside the urethra that we cant see. Ill keep you all updated. Question to you all? have you continued your sex lives? have your partners suffered from it also?
Helpful - 0
Hi guys, I had this issue, and still have it occasionally. My doctor prescribed me Oxybutinin to stop the leak and lay off caffeine and fizzy drinks, which seemed to help. However regarding the emptying of the bladder I went to a urologist who actually let me know I'm only emptying 50% of my bladder. I was prescribed Tamsulosin Hydrochloride, which opened up the bottom of my bladder and has helped me (providing I lay off fizzy drinks).
Helpful - 0
guo
Would appreciate if anyone have found cause and cure..
Helpful - 0
Hi, did you find a cure?
Wow, old question -- I hope OP got some resolution. I wanted to chime in for anyone reading this because no one has mentioned pelvic floor disfunction -- this is a very big deal, totally worth finding a pelvic floor PT or if you can't, I suppose you can try to self-treat using some of the books on the subject, specifically for men. Also including Thera-wand device to help relax tight muscles.

Also, I don't know a lot about it, but the 'NoFap' people would probably say that laying off of porn and masturbation for a while can help with this stuff too.
Helpful - 0
Hi, did anyone get a cute on this cold sensation wet feeling on top of penis?
Helpful - 0
Cure*
Im having same issue please let me know if you find any answers
I'm not sure whether it will cure but I am definitely going to look into the pelvic floor dysfunction treatment and also the drug that imhaki9 mentioned, Oxybutinin and see if either of those work. I have been having the safe symptoms (wet end of penis, urge to pee but not much coming out)
All of these symptoms are prostatitis.
I am dealing with it currently and have been for almost 4 months.
Stop masturbating completely and limit sex in general.
It is chronic and has flare ups you have to adjust your diet completely and take natural medicines (herbs).
Start eating more vegetables and fruit.
I have noticed a big difference doing these things but I have ibs and pelvic pain with mine.
Throbbing, aching pain near rectum when laying down or sitting for too long & never sit on hard surfaces.
No doctor is going to have a cure for this I have had every std test possible and nothing came back.
Being active and sweating definitely helps also.
No citrus juices it irritates it heavily, no alcohol and no red meat.
Same issue please let me know if anyone found an answer
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Urology Community