Urology Community

concerned grandma

My 9 yr old grand-son's testicle is swollen as large as a baseball, on one side the other is normal; when I asked him how long it has been like this he couldn't remember,but he did say that it goes back down after a period of time.I have a appt. with his pediatrician for tomorrow, but, I need to know if I should take him to the E.R. now not wait till tomorrow; he's not in any pain or discomfort or says he's not.

This discussion is related to 9 yr old has enlarged testicle with pain.
You do not need to go to the ER.

If he was in pain then yes.  See the paediatrician tomorrow is fine, especially as he had this problem for a while.