Urology Community

cord like bulge around the shaft of penis

hi I don't know if I was born with it or recently just discovered it but I honestly think I recently had sex and after noticed this. its right in the middle of the shaft looks like a vein bulge but it doesn't move with skin so its not a vein. it goes nearly around the shaft circularly. it is visible when soft as well. theres no bruise or pain with it. please help me I really wanna know what it is
Hi:  Is it a light brown or tan colored ring about halfway or 1/3 down from the glans?  Is the skin "newer" or lighter-colored between the glans and this line?  If it is, there is nothing to worry about as all circumsized males have it. You do not see it until puberty as when your penis begins to grow, the new growth is from this ring up to the glans.  Hope this helps!