Urology Community
19.5k Members
Avatar universal

cord like bulge around the shaft of penis

hi I don't know if I was born with it or recently just discovered it but I honestly think I recently had sex and after noticed this. its right in the middle of the shaft looks like a vein bulge but it doesn't move with skin so its not a vein. it goes nearly around the shaft circularly. it is visible when soft as well. theres no bruise or pain with it. please help me I really wanna know what it is
1 Responses
Avatar universal
Hi:  Is it a light brown or tan colored ring about halfway or 1/3 down from the glans?  Is the skin "newer" or lighter-colored between the glans and this line?  If it is, there is nothing to worry about as all circumsized males have it. You do not see it until puberty as when your penis begins to grow, the new growth is from this ring up to the glans.  Hope this helps!
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.