This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal


  to doctor,
      i have had minor drip(where my penis would continue to
  release urine even though i was done) problems all my life.
  however, after i went to army basic training where i consumed
  a over 2 gallons of water a day, the drip got much worse. i
  think i "blew out" the muscle that hold urine in my bladder
  and penis. i sometimes release an ounce of urine within 10
  minuntes after i go, which makes for some very embarrassing
  moments. i went to the army four years ago....i have been
  deluding myself into thinking that it will "just go away". i
  have been researching my options lately....i cannot wear some
  sort of pad in the army..that just wont work.....i am
  interested in some way of fixing this problem.....i am
  willing to do whatever is necessary to help myself,
  but i would rather avoid surgery....please save me from
  a life of toilet paper wadded up in my underwear so i dont make
  a mess....
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal


Dear Joe,
The condition you describe is called post void dribbling. The cause is a small amount of urine that remains in the prostatic or bulbar urethra. These are the parts of the urethra near the junction of the scrotum and the penis. Some men try to shake their penises to get rid of the extra urine. But this is not usually helpful.
I have two suggestions for you. First, try double voiding. This means urinate until you feel completely empty. Wait a minute and try and go again. Second,  try pressing the area at the juction of the penis and scrotum to milk the urine into the tip of the penis after you urinate. Place a piece of toilet paper at the tip while you do this. In addition you should be seen by a urologist to ensure that you are not retaining urine in your bladder and do not have any voiding problems. This information is provided for general medical education purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653 6568).
*keyword: post void dribbling

Discussion is closed