Urology Forum

erection disfunction

in recent wks my erection has been disfigured with a bend on the left side causing a bend toward the left away from my body. the bend in the erection is like an indention or doglegged and takes away from the fullness of my erection. it is at the base of the penis, but causes the whole penis to curve leftward.no pain or burning.i would like to know the cause or possible causes and treatment
Peyronie's disease can lead to curvature of the penis.  

This is caused by scarring or plaques in the penis.  Further imaging with an ultrasound to be considered.

Many cases are treated conservatively.  However, urologists may try injections of calcium channel blockers, steroids or collagenase into the plaques.

Surgery can be reserved for more serious cases.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.