Urology Community
19.4k Members
Avatar universal

foreskin rash

I found this rash on my foreskin the other day. It doesn't hurt or itch or anything, it's just that the skin there is very flaky and scaly. My worry is it could be a symptom of HIV or herpes, because of recent unprotected oral sex. other than that I can't figure out what it is.

This discussion is related to Foreskin Rash.
1 Responses
Avatar universal
It can be due to dry skin, chafing or eczema skin. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments and apply plenty of moisturizers on the area. If the rash turns itchy then you need to get an evaluation done from a urologist and get fungal infections ruled out.

Many people do not develop symptoms after they first get infected with HIV. Others have a flu-like illness within several days to weeks after exposure to the virus. So it does not look like a HIV infection.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.