Urology Community

gastritis acid

what is the treatment of gastritis acid
Gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach. There are many possible causes of this disorder including an infection(bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic), an irritant, an autoimmune disorder, or a backup of bile into the stomach.

Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods .

Take some OTC antacid like Mylanta. You can also take zantac(ranitidine)or prilosec (omeprazole).These will help. Also keep your fluid electrolyte balance optimum by drinking lots of fluids.

If the symptoms worsen then it may be due to H.Pylori infection. You need antibiotics in that case after prescription from a physician.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

hello,doc
what is a good medicine for me doc...because now doc always pain my gastritis acid.
Take some OTC antacid like Mylanta.You can also take zantac(ranitidine)or prilosec(omeprazole) after prescription from your doctor. These will help. Also keep your fluid electrolyte balance optimum by drinking lots of fluids.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.