Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

gastritis acid

what is the treatment of gastritis acid
3 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach. There are many possible causes of this disorder including an infection(bacterial, viral, fungal or parasitic), an irritant, an autoimmune disorder, or a backup of bile into the stomach.

Try raising the head of your bed about four inches with blocks. It also might help to avoid eating or drinking for two hours before you lie down. To help control the stomach acid, one should not drink alcohol or drinks with caffeine in them, or eat chocolate or spicy or greasy foods .

Take some OTC antacid like Mylanta. You can also take zantac(ranitidine)or prilosec (omeprazole).These will help. Also keep your fluid electrolyte balance optimum by drinking lots of fluids.

If the symptoms worsen then it may be due to H.Pylori infection. You need antibiotics in that case after prescription from a physician.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

hello,doc
what is a good medicine for me doc...because now doc always pain my gastritis acid.
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Take some OTC antacid like Mylanta.You can also take zantac(ranitidine)or prilosec(omeprazole) after prescription from your doctor. These will help. Also keep your fluid electrolyte balance optimum by drinking lots of fluids.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.