Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

high creatinine normal bun

Wondering if anybody has any idea of why someones creatinine would be consistently high, but BUN is always normal?  I have had creatinine ranging from 1.27 to 1.6 and everywhere in between for the past at least couple years.  Up and down then up again, then down again, etc.  I have always been a very serious weight lifter but have laid off the gym for the past 6 months now because I wanted to see if the creatinine would go down.  I have lost a lot of muscle in the past few months but creatinine is still above the normal range.  doesn't seem to be changing.  I thought that with CKD that BUN would be elevated along with creatinine.  Is that not always the case? I have no protein or blood in urine.  Other labs are normal.  Just creatinine constantly elevated.  Any ideas?
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.