Urology Community

increased urination

Are calcium oxalates significant in human urine sediment? I have had frequent urination and mild burning on/off for 1 week. The urine stick was neg for blood, PH 6.5, PRO - Trace, SG-1.030 and Bacteria rods?  and calcium oxalates in the sediment.  I do not have any back or side pain, but did have some pink discharge for 2 days after urinating but only once or twice on each day. I also just finished my period 3--4 days prior to the pink discharge and my period seemed heavier than normal.
Any input would be appreciated, as I seem to have a variety of symptoms which makes it difficult to pinpoint what could be going on.

The presence of calcium oxalate in urine may point towards further evaluation to exclude urinary tract stones. Calcium containing stones are one of the more common renal stones.

This may require a 24 hour urine specimen to determine calcium, phosphorus and uric acid levels,urine culture and serum calcium, phosphorus and uric acid levels. A kidney, ureter and bladder CT scan may also be requested. A review of your diet may also shed some light on these findings.

This may not be an urgent matter however, proper management will be able to prevent any complications later on.

Keep us posted regarding your progress.