Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

increased urination

Are calcium oxalates significant in human urine sediment? I have had frequent urination and mild burning on/off for 1 week. The urine stick was neg for blood, PH 6.5, PRO - Trace, SG-1.030 and Bacteria rods?  and calcium oxalates in the sediment.  I do not have any back or side pain, but did have some pink discharge for 2 days after urinating but only once or twice on each day. I also just finished my period 3--4 days prior to the pink discharge and my period seemed heavier than normal.
Any input would be appreciated, as I seem to have a variety of symptoms which makes it difficult to pinpoint what could be going on.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,

The presence of calcium oxalate in urine may point towards further evaluation to exclude urinary tract stones. Calcium containing stones are one of the more common renal stones.

This may require a 24 hour urine specimen to determine calcium, phosphorus and uric acid levels,urine culture and serum calcium, phosphorus and uric acid levels. A kidney, ureter and bladder CT scan may also be requested. A review of your diet may also shed some light on these findings.

This may not be an urgent matter however, proper management will be able to prevent any complications later on.

Keep us posted regarding your progress.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.