Urology Forum

intense pain after ejaculation

I've periodically had intense pain after ejaculation on the tip of my penis or let me say in mu urethra . This only happens once every 2 weeks or so, and I've had it from masturbation.

This pain will happen anywhere from 5 min to 30 min after I ejaculate, and the pain will stop temporarily when I urinate, sometimes when I urinate it even feels good. This also causes me to feel like I constantly have to urinate. This pain always disappears after an hour or two, and never happens unless I ejaculate. I don't understand this at all because it only happens once in a while,
Thanks for posting your query.

From your symptoms, infection and prostatitis are two important possibilities which need to be ruled out. Get a urine examination and urethral swab done to confirm the diagnosis. Secondly prostatic massage with subsequent analysis of the prostatic fluid can be done to rule out prostatitis.

If both these causes are ruled out then a cystoscopy to evaluate for anatomical causes like a urethral polyp or stricture can be done. An ultrasound can also help in confirming diagnosis.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.

Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.