jelqing injury

I suffered an injury as a result of a penis enlargement program that included jelqing and stretching.  I started this in July, and by the end of October I noticed some dull pain in my shaft on a couple of occasions, so I stopped these practices.

Then about ten days later I woke up in the morning after sex and my penis was kind of sore and seemed a little swollen. I didn`t think it was anything out of the ordinary because I had this experience on a few other occasions and everything went back to normal in a few days. However, gradually over the course of the week, my penis contracted, I lost all night erections, and it became nearly impossible to get erect.

I went to a urologist who did all of the normal tests, including a doppler ultrasound.  He said everything was fine.  However, this was about two months ago.  I can only get maybe half an erection at night.  The tissue in my penis has obviously been damaged.  It is smaller in its flaccid state and sometimes the head is cold.  It is very weak and lifeless.  It does not hang or feel like it did before. I cannot get any spontaneous erections, and it requires a lot of manual stimulation to get erect.  I am only 30 years old and had no erection problems prior to this.  My penis has obviously been seriously damaged. The skin has taken on a rubbery texture and a  brown hue. But I never had any serious pain at the time I was jelqing or stretching. I think I was gradually doing damage that I could not detect. I have been back to the urologist other times but it seems as though nothing can be done for my problem. I have encountered a few other men with similar problems from these enlargement programs over the internet. All seem to indicate that their urologists could detect no problems and they could not be helped.

Please let me know if you have any experience with this type of situation. Can anything be done for this type of damage? I think some men also had similar damage from penis pumps. I am in desparate need of help.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 1
I am not a urologist, so my experience in these types of injury is limited.  

With all types of penile trauma, imaging studies are needed to determine if there is any anatomical damage.  The ultrasound is a good first step.  Other imaging studies to consider would be an MRI or a cavernosogram (a test where a thin hypodermic needle is inserted into one area of the penis before a radio contrast solution is injected and X-rays taken).

Depending on the damage involved, surgery may be needed to correct the problem.  

These options can be discussed with your urologist, or in conjunction with another urological opinion.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
0
0
0
0
A related discussion, this same thing happened to me was started.