Urology Community

kiddney stones

I  just underwent   3 procedures for a 6mm stone in my left ureter about a month and a half ago. I have a total of 4 stones in my right kidney a 2mm 1.5 mm 3mm and can not remmember the other size. 2 years ago i had a ct with no stones showing and was told that was uncommon for that many stones to develop so qiuckly when I have never had any before. I am a 30 year old female, and i am sorry but i have more than one question. I an wondering what could cause the kidney stones to develop so quickly. And  if the stones in my right kidney can cause pain,due to the fack that i have been having right flank pain moving to the groin area. Also i was wondering how i can flush them out. I would like this to be over as soon as possible,and if there is a way to flush them through what is the quickest way.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
It is common for the kidney stones to cause flank or lumbar pain. I’ll suggest consulting a urologist for the same and seeking treatment depending on the size of the stone. If the size of the stone is small, it’s usually treated with ESWL in which shock waves are given from outside and stone breaks into small pieces. On the other hand, if the stone is quite big, then the surgical removal of the stone is a better option. Please do continue to drink lots of water for it does facilitate at least in preventing the formation of new stones if not the flushing out of the present stones.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.