Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.3k Members

kidney cysts

I am a 34 year old black female that has been having LLQ pain. I have had bleeding in stood and urine.  I was told I'm suffering from a suspected Kidney cyst. What can I do to make my situation better? Does my weight contribute to this problem? What are my options?

This discussion is related to Treatment of Kidney Cysts.
1 Responses
Hi,
The general goal is to reduce risks for further kidney deterioration. Some of these risks would be the presence of hypertension or diabetes. Obesity may be related to diabetes and may then be indirectly related.
It would then be a good idea to obtain an estimate of kidney function and to confirm whether the cyst is single or multiple. This would help establish how urgent is the need to control any of these risk factors. Confirming the cause of the disease would also be important, to make sure it isn't something more serious like kidney cancer.
If the pain is significant, it may be important to discuss the possibility of removing the cyst if pain medications would not be able to control the pain. Bear in mind that some pain medications may also damage the kidney in the long term – so again, here is another point to discuss with your doctor.
Stay positive.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.