Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

kidney stone complication??

My husband started having problems with kidney stones about 3 wks ago.  He has had them before, so we knew what to expect.  About a wk ago, he was still hurting and peeing blood, even though ct scan showed all stones were gone.  They ran a scope up his urethra, and he had a stone stuck.  Dr said just drink water, and it will dislodge.  We are not sure if the stone has dislodged or not, but now he is peeing blood, pus is leaking from his urethra, his testicals hurt, and his kidneys hurt.  They have done 3 urine tests for chlamydia and gonnorhea, and all three have been negative.  Now they are sending him to a urologist.  Do you have any idea what this could be?
5 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
The stones truck in the urethra or ureters need to be removed as early as possible because it carries the risk of hydronephrosis or pyonephrosis of the kidneys. I suggest you to consult a urologist immediately for your husband and get it immediately managed. He may need uerteroscopic removal of the stones.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

This morning, he went to a urologist, and he has passed the stone.  Apparently, he has a parasite....two, in fact....one in his urethra and one in his kidney.  Waiting on tests to see what kind, but this dr seems confident that they can be killed and "passed naturally".  Now, its just a matter of determining how extensive the damage to his kidney is. This dr thinks they have been there for years, and for some reason this episode of kidney stones quote "freaked them out".  I'm praying the damage isn't too bad and that my poor husband feels better soon.

Thanks, Dr. Singh, for taking the time to comment on our case.  Have a blessed day!
1310633 tn?1430227691
Your husbands doctor needs to be shot.

A stone stuck in the urethra is a serious problem, and cause for an immediate cystoscopy for manipulation & removal of the stone.

I'm not at all surprised he's got an infection. A stone SCRAPING along the inside of his penis, leaves an open wound, and urine isn't the best thing to be flowing past that open wound.

You might want to have a word with his doctor, in hindsight, and possibly move along to a more proactive doc. Good urologists are a dime a dozen, and unfortunately, you got one that really doesn't cut the mustard.

Urology 101: Stone stuck in urethra... immediate cysto for removal of said stone.
The first dr was not a urologist.  She was just a regular MD at the ER.  
1310633 tn?1430227691
The ER MD should have done a consult with the Urology resident that was on-call.

There's no excuse for poor treatment with the technology we have available to us in this day and age.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.