Urology Community

kidney stone in ureter

i have a stone in ureter upper level doctors tried to remove with indoscopy but failed result is said ureter is narrow thats why not able to to insert the stent so pls advise me

This discussion is related to Narrow urethra.

I know it’s not easy to remove the upper ureteric stones by endoscopy or by shock wave lithotripsy. The option usually entertained subsequently is open surgery but there’s another method which is less invasive and can be used is Retroperitoneoscopic ureterolithotomy.

Retroperitoneoscopic ureterolithotomy is a useful and effective alternative treatment technique to open surgery when first-line treatments have failed or are unlikely to be effective.

The average hospital stay after this procedure is 6 days.

I will suggest you to consult a urologist and seek an opinion for the same.

I sincerely hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Warm Regards