Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

kidney stones & diaria in children

my eight yr. old grandaughter experienced a kidney stone measuring 8 9almost a 1/2 in. in size.  the removed it , but first actually had to chisel it until it was the size it could be retrieved. she has had diaria during this time, not painful stomach type. she is seeing a kidney doctor now for further tests but i have never heard of the combination of these two things.  could anyone explain it to me?  again, she's only eight yrs. old.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
There is no association between kidney stones and diarrhea. However diarrhea can occur after kidney stones removal when antibiotics are prescribed after surgery to prevent any infection. This can cause antibiotic associated diarrhea. In this intake of plenty of curd daily and probiotics helps. Please discuss this possibility with your child’s doctor.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.