Urology Community

kidney stones & diaria in children

my eight yr. old grandaughter experienced a kidney stone measuring 8 9almost a 1/2 in. in size.  the removed it , but first actually had to chisel it until it was the size it could be retrieved. she has had diaria during this time, not painful stomach type. she is seeing a kidney doctor now for further tests but i have never heard of the combination of these two things.  could anyone explain it to me?  again, she's only eight yrs. old.
There is no association between kidney stones and diarrhea. However diarrhea can occur after kidney stones removal when antibiotics are prescribed after surgery to prevent any infection. This can cause antibiotic associated diarrhea. In this intake of plenty of curd daily and probiotics helps. Please discuss this possibility with your child’s doctor.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.