Urology Community

kidney stones

i have been having strong pains i my right side i have a 4cm kidney stone in it and this mornin i got up and was sick 3 times but it was only the yellow lining of my stomach  what can i do to make me feel better

This pain can be related to the kidney stones. Kidney stones are of four types: calcium oxalate stones, struvite stones, uric acid stones or cystine stones. Potassium citrate is used for the treatment of stones. I would suggest you to get an evaluation done from a urologist to determine the type of stone. Treatment modes include Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithrotripsy (ESWL), uteroscopic stone removal and percutaneoud nephrolithotomy.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.