Urology Community
19.4k Members
Avatar universal

kidney stones

my husband has 3x6 mm stone in his left ureter with mild urinary obstruction how serious is this and what do we neeed to do please help
1 Responses
Avatar universal
How is your husband? What other symptoms are present?If a stone that is blocking urine flow is left untreated it can cause damage to the kidney or ureter. If  the stone is relatively small (5 mm or less) pain medications and increased oral fluid intake may allow the stone to pass on its own.  However, if the stone is large, or continues to cause problems or appears infected, a referral to a urologist who may elect to perform a procedure during which a small tube is placed in your ureter via a scope. This will  allow the urine to pass and may allow the ureter to dilate, letting the stone pass as well. It is best that you discuss the management plan with his doctor to ease any anxiety. Take care and so keep us posted.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.