Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

kidney stones

I had an xray done and they found that I have 2 kidnet stones that are found to be in the kidney still. They say that the stones are on the left side. Now recently it hurts all over in my abdomin and into my back. If the stones have moved is this something that is part of the process? The doctors arent in until Tues. and I am just praying that this holds off until then. I was suppose to have them broke up but she thought I could wait. What does it sound like?
1 Responses
I just found out i have a kidney stone in my left kidney as well.  it's 6mmc7mmx11mm.  Very Large.  The pain starts in the back and does radiate to the front.  My pain brought me literally to my knees.  I have had the lithotripsy, but it's a week later and the stone is still in the same place and they aren't sure if it worked or not.  If the pain gets too unbearable go to the nearest emergency room if doctor isn't in.  They can perform ct scan or KUB to see where the stones are now and if cause of pain.  It could also be a  urinary tract infection starting.  I also had a large amount of blood in my urine before i got any pain.  It could be the start of the stones trying to leave the kidney.  They don't always hurt so bad passing.  Depends on size. Hope this helps, if it's not too late.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449507972
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.