Urology Community

lower abdominal pain

Hi everyone, i recently developed pain in my lower abdomen, the soreness is usually on left and right sides on my lower abdomen, no pain in the middle part. I was wondering if anyone have experienced the same thing and what might it be.
The various possibilities which present with such pain in the lower left abdomen are diverticulitis, Crohn’s disease, bowel obstruction, ovarian cysts and pelvic inflammatory disease, irritable bowel syndrome , kidney obstruction or pyelonephritis, psoas abscess , hernia and volvolus (twisting of the sigmoid part of the large bowel on itself).

Investigations like ultrasound abdomen, CT abdomen and colonoscopy are required to confirm a diagnosis. My advise is to consult a gastroenterologist and discuss these possibilities with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

so i have been to my family doctor, he checked me up and ask some questions. Afterwards he told me that the pain might cause due to irregularity of going to washroom.he said it would go away soon.
I dont know if he is right or wrong though. Now i feel discomfort only on my left groin for 2 days now. I have just got my blood test done a month ago and it all came out negative.
do you u have any thoughts about this?