This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

lump beneath skin of penis?

about midway on the shaft of my penis, I have discovered a puffy sort of band - perhaps lump below the surface -  that quarter-encircles my penis.

It seems to form a 1/4 circle around the shaft - rather perfectly. (a
Its about 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch in width when erect but is still detectable when flaccid as well though less detectible. Its most visible when erect - and best seen by moving the skin around bc the veins in my skin sort of obscure it.
so its noticeable - but not tremendously pronounced.

Its not painful.
I cannot see any bruising or discoloration at all.
i can still get erections
It does not seem to be on the surface, it seems to actually to be below the skin. For instance, If i move my skin around with my finger the lump or raised area seems to remain stationary while the skin moves freely over the it.

but Im worried. I searched on the web for explanations and am wondering if its indicative of a lymphatic thrombosis?
Its been there for days now and I want to know why it happened and if I need to take action or change my behavior?
please help
thank you
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
438205 tn?1240962949
My initial thought is that this may be a variation of sclerosing lymphangitis but this usually occurs in the gully just behind the head of the penis.  This has been blamed on too much sex, but really there is little backing for this. The inflammation will usually resolve on its own without residual changes. Non-steroidals such as Motrin may help the inflammation to resolve, but are not needed. I'd avoid traumatizing the ares until everything is back to normal which should occur in two weeks or less. The other possibility, as I see it, is that this is a prominent deep blood vessel that has been there all along but that you just noticed. In both cases there is no need for treatment and no need for concern. The second is a naturally occurring part of anatomy and will not go away or change.
If the changes increase or become painful, see a urologist, but I doubt that you'll need too.
S.A. Liroff, M.D.
Discussion is closed