Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

lump spermatic cord

i´m a 27 year old male, healthy, not a really active sexual life.
about 9 moths ago started to feel a bump on the right side of my pubic area, because I go to gym i thought  it was  muscle that was growing. but started growing and growing and in the past moths when I stood up for a long time a lump would  fell trough the spermatic cord, but when I laid down it went in my body, and couldn't see it or feel it any more.  But now every time I stand up it comes down and it's almost the same size as my testicle and it hurts sometimes, and every time i lay down it goes away.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
What you are suffering from is known as Inguinal Hernia. An inguinal hernia is a protrusion of abdominal-cavity contents through the inguinal canal. Right now your hernia is reducible which means that the contents can be pushed back into the abdominal cavity. If the contents don’t go back, it is called as incarcerated hernia and it needs an emergency surgery.
Surgical correction of inguinal hernias, called a herniorrhaphy or hernioplasty, is now commonly  performed as outpatient surgery.
I’ll advise you to consult a surgeon and seek treatment.
I sincerely hope that helps. Please do keep me posted. Warm regards.
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.