Urology Community

mucus like discharge

I'm a 61 year old male.  Usually after urination I notice a small yellowish substance on my underwear or tissue,  usually at night after urination.  The substance than hardens.  The spots have been getting more frequent. I also notice a slight soreness on the tip of my penis after urination which goes away.  I also have been taking Lexapro recently.  Any ideas??

This may be urine or it may be that an underlying infection is present. If you have any symptoms of burning or tingling during urination, then a lower urinary tract infection may be present. I suggest that you have your urinalysis done and have this assessed. We may need to rule out an infection here.

Or were any of these tests done before?

Wash the genitals gently with a mild cleanser after urination. Urine may be an irritant especially when taking medications. It may irritate the glans and the urethral opening and lead to a burning or tingling sensation.

Are there other signs or symptoms present? Penile discharge could be an infection or irritation of the urethra, inflammation of the prostate or from a sexually transmitted disease. In particular, gonorrhea presents with thick, yellow discharge from the penis and pain when urinating. The opening of the penis may be sore. It would be best to see your doctor for further evaluation and management.
Take care and keep us posted.
Docs,  Most of these tests were done before.  A cat scan showed some kidney stones but no pain so far.  The discharge is mostly at night and is a yellow hardening substance similiar to like semen.  I haven't been with anyone in a long, long time.  No pain when urinating but a slight discomfort.  Hardly no discharge during the day.  Thanks