Urology Community

muscle around urethra incontinance

I have been to several doctors regarding incontinance immediatly following a bad forcep delivery 10 years ago.A problem i never had prior to child birth.  One doctor wanted to put me on medicine (I declined) and one implanted a mesh bladder sling that did virtually nothing. I repeatedly attempted to explain to them both that it felt (and logic would dictate) the issue was strictly mechanical. Specifically i was no longer able to 'turn it off/on effectively. Thus the reason I refused the medication and permitted the sling be inserted. although I could not understand, and still don't, how changing the position of my bladder would correct my not being able to shut/open the 'valve(s)' that once worked better than the average. (could hold it for 14/15 hours if necissary! and still stop in the middle, on demand, no problem.) Both doctors insisted forceps had nothing to do with the issue. However I will tell you that although it feels like I am still able to make the same muscles move as before child birth, when I do it no longer seals things up as it once did. My question: Is it possible the muscles around the urethera were damaged (or am I crazy?) and if so is there a procedure that can correct this?  Thank you!  Desperate in BE.
Some studies show that having an assisted vaginal delivery, particularly with the use of forceps, contributes to urinary problems after childbirth. Hence the forceps delivery could be responsible for your symptoms.

First of all you can indulge in kegel exercises. Then urethral inserts are also helpful. Urethral inserts aren't meant to be worn 24 hours a day and area avialble by prescription.
You can talk to your urologist regarding the same.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.