Urology Community

no sex drive

I have been taking prothiaden 25mg daily for the last four years for some psycho =somatic conditions by a gastroendocrinologist.   I am comfortable with medicine but by sexual libido or interest slow down while on medicine.  I sometimes keep off for 3-4 days from the tab.then the libido is normal and I anjoy that...I do not have any other problem.  Please tell me how to come offf the medicine without any withdrawal symptoms ..

Thank u

Prothiaden is an antidepressant and taking it entails the risk of experiencing several possible side effects. Changes in libido are one of them. I understand that this deeply concerns you. However, I feel that your physician prescriber is the best person to ask with regards to your question. Taking antidepressants requires close supervision. Do not stop or taper your medications without informing your physician. The risk and benefits involved with the intake of the medications have to be weighed first prior to the decision of complete cessation of the drug.