Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.4k Members

pain in right testicle

i started feeling a dull throbbing pain in my right testicle after working out yesterday, it has gone away and returned a few times different times today. everything seems to look normal but then again i dont remember exactly how everything usually looks. doesnt appear to be swollen though..and im not sure if this happened from weightlifting i just noticed it after getting home from the gym. the only thing i can find on the matter seems to be testicular torsion and if that is the case then my testicle is already dead. hopefully that is not the case. and again, the pain is not excruciating it is more so annoying and uncomfortable. any help you can give me would be much appreciated.
thank you.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion( most common in young men), excessive bicycle riding, hernia,varicocele or kidney or ureteric stones.

As there is no swelling or inflammation or redness of the scrotal sacs, so the chances of epidiymitis or orchitis are rare.In testicular torsion,there is severe sharp pain and it becomes a medical emergency. Lab investigations like complete blood examination, urine examination, ultrasound lower abdomen and sometimes a urethral swab will help in diagnosis. Treatment will be started thereafter.My advise would be to consult a urologist.Hernias,varicocele and kidney or ureteric stones have to be ruled out.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care. Please do keep me posted if you have any further queries on the same.

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.