Urology Community

pain in right testicle

i started feeling a dull throbbing pain in my right testicle after working out yesterday, it has gone away and returned a few times different times today. everything seems to look normal but then again i dont remember exactly how everything usually looks. doesnt appear to be swollen though..and im not sure if this happened from weightlifting i just noticed it after getting home from the gym. the only thing i can find on the matter seems to be testicular torsion and if that is the case then my testicle is already dead. hopefully that is not the case. and again, the pain is not excruciating it is more so annoying and uncomfortable. any help you can give me would be much appreciated.
thank you.
Testicular pain can be due to injury, infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, testicular torsion( most common in young men), excessive bicycle riding, hernia,varicocele or kidney or ureteric stones.

As there is no swelling or inflammation or redness of the scrotal sacs, so the chances of epidiymitis or orchitis are rare.In testicular torsion,there is severe sharp pain and it becomes a medical emergency. Lab investigations like complete blood examination, urine examination, ultrasound lower abdomen and sometimes a urethral swab will help in diagnosis. Treatment will be started thereafter.My advise would be to consult a urologist.Hernias,varicocele and kidney or ureteric stones have to be ruled out.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care. Please do keep me posted if you have any further queries on the same.