This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Avatar universal

painful testicals

  I have been suffering from painful testicals for almost two years.I have been seen by a urologist on several occassions and have had an ultrasound and an MRI which are normal.I have also been tested for infection which is negative. The pain seems to be coming from the bottom of the left testicular.I believe the initial cause was from lifting a heavy object in an awarkward fashion.please help;thank you.
Read more
Discussion is closed
Upvote - 0
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Avatar universal

Dear William,
It is very difficult to make a judgment in your case due to the fact that an examination is so important.  It sounds like your doctors have been very thorough in their work-up  of your condition by doing an ultrasound and a MRI.  If you were my patient I would want to propose a list of possible reasons that could be causing your pain and check each possibility carefully.  This is called a differential diagnosis.
In your case the list would consist of:
1)Infection (epididymitis);Inflammation
5)tesicular cancer
7)Inguinal hernia
I my opinion most of these possible diagnoses have been evaluated.
Infection- you have been given antibiotics (possibility you were not given the correct one or not for a sufficient length of time.  The infection would have been seen on Ultrasound and MRI.
Spermatocele- an outpouching of the epididymus filled with fluid and or sperm.  These do not need to be very big to cause a significant amount of pain.  This would have been seen on ultrasound or MRI.
Varicocele-dilated veins in the scrotum around the testicle,
Hydrocele- fluid collection around testicle.
Testicular cancer-would have been seen on ultrasound or MRI
Torsion-  Testical would have died by now and there would not be any flow in the vessels on ultrasound.
Inguinal Hernia-  This would be evident on a good physical exam.
It sound like your doctors have worked-up your problem correctly.  Make sure they have addressed the above issues.  You may want to take an over the counter anti-inflammatory medication to help with the pain and inflammation. This information is provided for general medical educational purposes only.  Please consult your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition.  More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its satellites (1 800 653-6568).
*keyword:Testis pain.

Discussion is closed