Urology Community

penis cancer ? i hope not ....

hi there - this has been bothering me all day. Let me preface this with the following information: im and 18 year old white male, circumcised and a virgin. That being said, I was showering today and I saw a dark spot near the head of my penis. Is is very small but definitely darker than my normal skin color. I have never seen it before. It runs horizontal to the shaft and honestly it's freaking me out. Of course, the first thing I think of is cancer. Which has totally ruined my day. Any advice ?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lesion. Possibilities that may need to be considered include melanoma, fordyce spot, angiokeratoma, flat wart, erythroplasia of querat (reddish appearing) etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!