Avatar universal

penis deformity

I woke up the other morning and my penis is now deformed. Right under the head (at the top of the shaft) it seems to be a blood vessel going around in a circle (like a swollen blood vessel). That has never been there before. Also on the top of the shaft close to the head there is now a spot that feels like a bone or something hard (like a knot). It is  noticable when erect and kinda uncomfortable.

I would like to know what in the world happened and should I go to a doctor or try and wait this out?? Please help
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
438205 tn?1240959349
If that cicumferential "swollen blood vessel" is firm, not particularly tender, and maybe even whitish in color, you are probably dealing with lymphangitis. This will resolve on its own. You can try a non-steroidal like ibuprofen (if you do not have any contraindicatons).
The cause is unknown. If it persists for more than a few weeks, or it is enlarging, see a urologist.
S.A.Liroff, M.D.

Helpful - 0
Avatar universal
I have the exact same symptoms.  What happened? Did it clear up or did you have to see a doctor?

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Urology Forum

Popular Resources
Discharge often isn't normal, and could mean an infection or an STD.
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.