Urology Community

penis sensitivity

I am recovering from a bout of shingles that went from my spine to my naval around the waist area.  I am 60 years old and have no trouble with an erection anytime I want one but the head of my penis has lost snsitivity.  I can have intercourse but the feeling is gone from my penis therefore climax does not occur.  Could this be tied to the shingles and if so about how long will it take to be back to normal?  My wife and I enjoy a very good sex life and I hate to see that come to an end.
Did you take any medication for the shingles?
It appears that you are suffering from a complication of herpes zoster reactivation - post-herpetic neuralgia.

Numbness may also be accompanied by itching.
Thes numbness fades by itself over time.

However, inclusion of lysine (an essential amino acid) has been known to speed up recovery from this condition.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress
Regards