Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

penis sensitivity

I am recovering from a bout of shingles that went from my spine to my naval around the waist area.  I am 60 years old and have no trouble with an erection anytime I want one but the head of my penis has lost snsitivity.  I can have intercourse but the feeling is gone from my penis therefore climax does not occur.  Could this be tied to the shingles and if so about how long will it take to be back to normal?  My wife and I enjoy a very good sex life and I hate to see that come to an end.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi,
Did you take any medication for the shingles?
It appears that you are suffering from a complication of herpes zoster reactivation - post-herpetic neuralgia.

Numbness may also be accompanied by itching.
Thes numbness fades by itself over time.

However, inclusion of lysine (an essential amino acid) has been known to speed up recovery from this condition.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress
Regards

Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.