Urology Community

possible urinary infection in my child

My 11 year old son was complaining of a burning sensation when he pees, and of taking a very long time to pee. (He says there is no restriction on the flow). Lately, he says, the discomfort has receded but he now seems to have developed a painful pimple in the groin area near his scrotum. Are the two problems likely to be connected? The weather in our city is presently quite humid, and this may also have something to do with his problems.
Welcome to the forum!
A child could be taking longer to pass urine because of the pain and burning. Your son either has a urinary tract infection or an ulcer or infection of urethra in the penis or an ulcer at the tip of penis. When the urine touches an ulcer it burns. UTI is less unlikely as there was no fever and the symptoms have abated. A routine urine examination should be done.
You say that the climate is hot and humid and the child has developed a painful lump in groin. This could be a swollen lymph node or a folliculitis (hair follicle infection) or an abscess. This could also be because of candida (fungal) infection of penis which can also cause burning.
I would strongly recommend you to consult an urologist. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.  Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!