Urology Community

prostatis

I believe I may have prostatis.Initially i thought i had a uti and i was given a short dose of antibiotics, but the problems still persisted. I have had all the checks, .i.e. A uti test, std test and hiv and sphypilis test and they all have come back negative. After research, it seems that my systems are very similar to prostatis. I have had a kidney stone before and have suffered from a uti before. The tests have been going on for a while and finally the doctor has presribed me ciprofloxacin without finding out what exactly is wrong with me. I don't want to take the medication yet until i get a a proper diagnois, as i had to wait 5 weeks after taking the initial antibotics, as the results could be in-accurate. Sypmtons include back pain, testicle pain and an itching/ irriation of the penis.
Testicular pain can be due to infection (Epididymitis or Orchitis) or inflammation, excessive bicycle riding, hernia,varicocele,prostatitis or kidney or ureteric stones.

As there is no swelling or inflammation or redness of the scrotal sacs, so the chances of epidiymitis or orchitis are rare. In cases of hernia, a prominent bulge along with testicular pain is there and in cases of kidney or ureteric stones, pain during micturition may also be there.But most of them have been ruled out.I would suggest you to get evaluated for prostate causes.

Lab investigations like complete blood examination, urine examination, ultrasound lower abdomen,examination of the prostatic secretions and sometimes a urethral swab will help in diagnosis. Treatment will be started thereafter.My advise would be to consult a urologist.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing.Kind regards.