Aa
A
A
A
Close
Urology Community
19.5k Members

protruding meatus

Hi, I'm 40 years old and I have always been concerned about an issue regarding my penis meatus. The meatus looks like two small ips and is a bit protruding outside the glans (I mean the meatus is not flat). I have no functional problems but I have always found it esthetically unpleasant. Is this a common malformation ? Is there something that can be done about it ?

Thanks.
2 Responses
563773 tn?1374246539
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
If there is no problem with the urination then there is nothing to worry about and the urinary meatus seems to be normal. There are many ways of treating this excess skin but the skin of penis is very thin and hence careful planning of the treatment ways should be done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks for the answer. However I spoke about it with an other doctor and he said me that mine is just a slight gland variant and that it's not really worth for esthetic reasons and also a bit a risky area to work on. So I think I'll just give up on this.

Best Regards
Have an Answer?
Top Urology Answerers
11369760 tn?1449504372
Southwest , MI
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Dr. Jose Gonzalez-Garcia provides insight to the most commonly asked question about the transfer of HIV between partners.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.